This recipe can be used with your choice of protein. Batch up on this marinade, which can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks, and cook something fast, yet super tasty, at home. We do recommend thinly sliced good quality beef for this recipe (you can ask your butcher to slice it for you), but the marinade also goes really well with pork, chicken, tofu, or mushrooms!
- 1 pear, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon gochujang (Korean red pepper paste, available in most supermarkets and all Asian food stores)
- 1 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided garnish
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Mix all ingredients together until well combined.
Marinade your protein with as much marinade as you desire for at least 1 hr (preferably overnight).
- Heat a non-stick pan with a dash of oil, switch on your hood, and start cooking your marinated meat, veg or tofu in small batches. Make sure you slice your meat thinly so it can cook quickly, not more than 3 minutes
- Serve on rice, and top with sliced spring onions and toasted sesame seeds.
- add a fried egg if you want that extra oomph to the dish!